Troubleshooting common router and switches problems
A router is a device that transfers the data between different computer networks. When multiple routers are connected to the same network they can change their destination IP address.
There is a wide variety of routers available in the market and all differ in terms of their quality, features and working efficiency. Nowadays Cisco router is the best router among the different routers available in the market. It has a huge demand in the market, as time passes its productivity is increasing at a rapid rate. To further increase its productivity and to help its customer Cisco has started new service call Cisco router customer support service, this service is for the users who face problems during the use of Cisco router. This will provide the solution of all the technical problems that a user encounters.
All routers have one thing common i.e. their technical problems. All routers have some technical issues which are very common; this article will summarize some of the common problems of routers along with their solution.
- Wrong DNS- DNS stands for Domain Name System. It converts domain names into IP address. It is one of the most common problems and it can almost damage the complete network system. To overcome this problem the basic step is to check the network connectivity and then to check the server’s forwarders after this troubleshooting should be performed through NS loops. If this doesn’t provide the solution alternate DNS server should be tried, it should be completely virus free. Reboot the DNS server to complete the process,
- Wrong gateway- Gateway is a network node that connects different network with different protocols; it is used to join two different networks. A router having wrong gateway problem can communicate with any host available on the network instead of connecting with some or all. This problem can be solved by connecting a DLINK to work as a switch or set the same in bridge mode, it will provide the link for communication between networks.
- Power failure- Power failure is one of the common problems of the router. To solve this issue the basic first step is to turn OFF the router and disconnect all the cable attached to it. Wait for some time and switch on the router again. If this doesn’t work out reset and configure the router. Resetting can be achieved by holding the reset click for at least 10 seconds.
- Wrong Subnet mask- Subnet mask identifies a network address of IP address by performing a bitwise AND operation on the mask. To overcome this problem, it requires the use of PING and IPCONFIG utilities. To solve this problem it is required to pinch the subnet mask correctly in the IP/TCP configuration.
- Cable connection-Cable plays an important role in the proper working of the router. Try to check the cable connection on a regular basis. Cable connection is important for better signal strength and for better stability. If the router doesn’t work properly, the first step to do is to disconnect all the cables for some time and plug them again properly.
For any help regarding the Buffalo AirStation router, contact us on Buffalo AirStation Router Support Number.